Our Mission Statement, School Aims and Values
At Heanor Langley Infant School and Nursery we all strive to be Heanor Heroes in everything we do!
We seek to create a happy, caring and challenging learning environment in which all members of the school community can grow in confidence and develop to their full potential through a stimulating, creative curriculum.
The School’s Aims are:
1. To value and recognise the uniqueness and achievement of all members of our school community.
2. To promote British Values and attitudes of care, tolerance, trust and respect within the school and wider locality.
3. To nurture and support all abilities, helping every child to achieve their potential in all areas of learning- intellectual, emotional, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural.
4. To ensure high quality teaching and learning which stimulates positive models of enquiry, reflection, and challenge.
5. To equip children with resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers in order to develop as life-long learners.
British Values taught and promoted at Heanor Langley Infant School and Nursery are:
Respect (including respect for beliefs, faiths, cultures and the environment), Tolerance, Democracy, The Rule of Law and Individual Liberty.
We take every opportunity to actively promote these values in a variety of ways both within and beyond the taught curriculum. It is expected that all staff, pupils, parents, governors and other stakeholders in the community will also actively promote these values.
Click here for more information.